Join Cranleigh Runners
About the Club
We meet at the Stocklund Square Car Park and all newcomers are welcome. Just turn up on a Tuesday evening at 19:30 and say hello.
(if coming from Guildford, the Car Park is behind Superdrug).
Our annual membership is usually in the region of 40 people, with typically small running groups in summer and winter. Our members are of varying age and ability from club level to joggers. So regardless of your age or fitness, there will be a group to suit you. Apart from winter-time street runs our training is mostly cross-country within a radius of five miles from Cranleigh. Throughout the year we have a number of social events allowing us to explore the local restaurants and pubs.
We run every Tuesday evening. We also meet for a training run on Sunday mornings depending on member training schedules.
- Tuesday Evening at 7:30 pm meeting in the Stocklund Square Car Park (Best session for new members).
- Sunday Morning meeting in the Stocklund Square Car Park at 8 AM.
Tuesday sessions are off road in British Summer Time and around the streets of Cranleigh in winter. These sessions last for about one hour. We typically start off slowly to warm up and then run to suit the group. Sunday morning runs are organised around member training schedules and are typically longer slower runs in the countryside.
Members are encouraged to compete in the free monthly MABAC league races offering a 5 mile trail course with all finishers winning points for the club. The club helps organise a number of charity events in the local area including:
- Cranleigh 15 / 21 (approx 800+ runners)
- Cranleigh Trail Marathon and Half Marathon
- Cranleigh 10K
- Winterfold MABAC
- Bramley Fell Race
Of course you don't have to be a member to help organise one of the events.
Annual Club Membership is £10 and is inclusive of the following;
- Cranleigh Runners Club Membership
- Free entry to MABAC league races throughout the year
- Membership of ARC (The Association of Running Clubs) including insurance
- Discounted entry fees to many National Events
Why not come along on a Tuesday evening and try us out?